Got sick for the first time this weekend. The plan was to go to Corbett National Park and look for tigers, but due to the Aligarh trip I didn't make it and it was a good thing as I could barely stay awake on Saturday. I spent the day on the couch, trying to catch up with work, but falling asleep every hour or so. Hari, the dude who lives with us and cleans, was concerned and he and 2 others came to ask if I was okay. Very sweet of them. Went into the office on Sunday to help with interviews, but wasn't really neededPublish so just plugged away slowly on the computer.
I got a great surprise from my friend Marianne in Oct that I've just now cashed in on, a gift certificate to Kiva.org - $25 to lend to one many projects throughout the world. I donated to Malvika Shodieva. The snippet from Kiva's website is below in English and Russian for those that prefer it. "Malika Shodieva is 34. She has a secondary school education and is married with four children. For four years, Malika has been selling Tajik national textiles, which are used to make women's clothes. She has a trading point at one of the markets in Tursun-zoda. With her loan, she plans to buy a new assortment of fabric. This will give local women the chance to obtain the cloth needed to sew their national costumes. There is a demand for this among the local population. Malika plans to repay her loan over a 12-month period. Translated from Russian by Susie Armitage, Kiva volunteer. Шодиева Малика, возраст – 34 года, образование среднее, замужем, имеет 4-х детей. Малика уже в теч...
Comments